Take a tour of Hells Canyon and the surrounding area with Kiwi Air. Tours from 15 minutes to 2 hours or more are available year round. Flights depart from the Port of Clarkston next to the Quality Inn, Basalt Winery and Riverport Brewery in Clarkston.
Jet Boat Tours
Unlike the Grand Canyon, you can’t just drive to the edge of Hells Canyon and look in. Hells Canyon can most conveniently be reached via a guided jet boat tour or raft. And, when your adventure originates in the Jet Boat Capital of the World, you’re sure to have an experience like no other!
Many of the jet boat tour companies offer daily guided adventures into Hells Canyon. Most have 1/2-day or full-day tours with some offering overnight stays at remote lodges and cabins deep in the canyon.
A trip into Hells Canyon is definitely a local experience built on years of craftsmanship, history and lore. The comfortable, durable tour boats are built right here in the Lewis Clark Valley out of welded aluminum and are engineered to maneuver the rapids and rugged canyon conditions with ease. The jet boat captains have grown up here and are 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation residents and are experienced US Coast Guard licensed. Your tour guides will regale you with tales of the native Nez Perce Indians, of steamboats sinking and mining communities. They’ll point out petroglyphs, blue heron, eagles and big horn sheep. The tour will stop on white, sandy beaches to allow you time to play in the water, eat lunch and walk through a historical museum at Kirkwood Historical Ranch.
Most jet boat tours have a bathroom on board and offer a smooth, comfortable ride. Some seats, and boats, will give you a more extreme experience….our version of Disney’s Splash Mountain. Check out the listing of local jet boat tour companies to find one that fits you and book your adventure now!
Outfitters offer rafting trips of all kinds for all ages and abilities. Families enjoy fun excursions on rivers such as the Main Salmon. Sightseers like quiet flat-water floats on rivers such as the Clearwater River. Whitewater seekers go for the Middle Fork of the Salmon, Lochsa, Selway, or the Snake River through Hells Canyon.
Outfitters take care of everything on these trips. They row the rafts or lead guests who paddle their own. Tents and waterproof gear bags are provided. Enjoy home-cooked meals, including salads made from fresh fruits and vegetables and Dutch-oven baked breads and desserts. At the end of the day as the sun sets in the canyon, gather around a campfire with your fellow paddlers. With the help of a local outfitter, explore the scenic rivers that flow through our scenic region.
- Local Flavor
- WineriesMicro BreweriesLocal ProductsFarmers MarketsDining
- Hells Canyon ToursGolfingBicyclingFishing & HuntingWater Sports & Water ParksLevee SystemHiking TrailsParksHorseback RidingRaftingMountain Bicycling
- History & Culture
- Confluence ProjectNez Perce TribeLewis & ClarkMusicMuseums & Historic SitesWildlife CentersVisual & Performing Arts
- Whitebird Vacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sHotelsVacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sRVs & Camping
- Downtown LewistonDowntown ClarkstonAntiques
- Family Fun
- EntertainmentParksKid Friendly HikesWater Sports & Water ParksWildlife Centers
- Nearby Attractions
- Outdoor Adventure in Hells CanyonCasinoNez Perce TribeKid Friendly AttractionsLewis & Clark TrailWineries
- Meeting Planner
- CaterersEvent CentersLodging