Pack up the horse trailer and horses and drive a couple of miles up the Snake River to Hells Gate State Park in Lewiston. This trail system provides miles of intertwining trails along the Snake River. Enjoy scenic views from up on top of the climb, stop to dip your feet in the cool water, have a picnic at one of the many benches along the way, or stop to watch the wildlife. Access year round, $5 entry fee.
Plan your stay and ride with Whitebird Summit Adventures in Grangeville, ID, approximately an hour and 20 minute drive from the Lewis-Clark Valley. Their trail rides take you over the Nez Perce grounds where the US Calvary fought the Nez Perce Indians in the war of 1877 overlooking the Camas Prarie and the Salmon River basin. Plan your stay at the lodge where you will enjoy home cooked meals and traditional bbq.
There are many forests and wilderness areas within about an hour’s drive of Lewiston. There are many access points into the wilderness areas located on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests (4 million acres). The Selway Bitterroot Wilderness Area (1.2 million acres) lies within the boundaries of four national forests and Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness (2.3 million acres) is the largest wilderness area in the lower 48 states. Discover riding trails with scenic vistas, ones that meander along streams and rivers and ones that are remote and rugged.
- Local Flavor
- WineriesMicro BreweriesLocal ProductsFarmers MarketsDining
- Hells Canyon ToursGolfingBicyclingFishing & HuntingWater Sports & Water ParksLevee SystemHiking TrailsParksHorseback RidingRaftingMountain Bicycling
- History & Culture
- Confluence ProjectNez Perce TribeLewis & ClarkMusicMuseums & Historic SitesWildlife CentersVisual & Performing Arts
- Whitebird Vacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sHotelsVacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sRVs & Camping
- Downtown ClarkstonDowntown LewistonAntiques
- Family Fun
- ParksKid Friendly HikesWater Sports & Water ParksWildlife Centers
- Nearby Attractions
- Outdoor Adventure in Hells CanyonCasinoNez Perce TribeKid Friendly AttractionsLewis & Clark TrailWineries
- Meeting Planner
- CaterersEvent CentersLodging