Hells Gate State Park’s trail system in Lewiston, provides miles of intertwining trails along the Snake River. Enjoy scenic views from up on top of the climb, stop to dip your feet in the cool water, have a picnic at one of the many benches along the way, or stop to watch the wildlife. Access year round.
South Asotin Trail is a 2.2 mile out and back trail located near Asotin that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Red Hill Gulch Trail is a 6.6 mile out and back trail located near Asotin that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult.
Moscow Mountain, located 5 miles from Moscow, provides excellent views of the rolling fields of the Palouse to the south and forest to the north. There’s a bit of a climb to the top on this 13-mile loop ride.
Grangeville is the gateway to Fish Creek Recreation Area and the Gospel Hump Wilderness. Hikers and mountain bikers can explore uncountable miles of forest and watch an abundance of wildlife. The Gospel Hump Wilderness ranges in elevation from 1,970 to 8,940 feet with its highest peak at Buffalo Hump. Many streams and lakes support many kinds of fish. Big game species such as elk, mule and whitetail deer, black bear, cougar, moose, mountain goat, and mountain sheep live within this area. Chukar, grouse, and other game bird inhabit the 206,053 acres of undeveloped land. Guided pack trips, trail rides, fishing and rafting trips are available from experienced outfitters.
- Local Flavor
- WineriesMicro BreweriesLocal ProductsFarmers MarketsDining
- Hells Canyon ToursGolfingBicyclingFishing & HuntingWater Sports & Water ParksLevee SystemHiking TrailsParksHorseback RidingRaftingMountain Bicycling
- History & Culture
- Confluence ProjectNez Perce TribeLewis & ClarkMusicMuseums & Historic SitesWildlife CentersVisual & Performing Arts
- Whitebird Vacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sHotelsVacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sRVs & Camping
- Downtown LewistonDowntown ClarkstonAntiques
- Family Fun
- EntertainmentParksKid Friendly HikesWater Sports & Water ParksWildlife Centers
- Nearby Attractions
- Outdoor Adventure in Hells CanyonCasinoKid Friendly AttractionsNez Perce TribeLewis & Clark TrailWineries
- Meeting Planner
- CaterersEvent CentersLodging