Find Your Favorite Fishing Hole
Few places offer the variety and accessibility of outdoor diversions that are found right in our backyard. You don’t even have to leave town to find some of the best fishing spots for trolling, spinning, bait casting and flyfishing. Five public boat ramps and two marinas are located within a few miles. The spring and summer month’s fast action catch is bass and trout. During the fall it is steelhead. The canyon has a healthy number of North America’s largest fresh water fish, the great white sturgeon, which can reach lengths up to eight feet. You can’t take one home but catching one could be the highlight of your trip.
The biggest steelhead fishing derby in the region is held every November. Organized by the Lewis Clark Valley Chamber of Commerce, the Clearwater-Snake Steelhead Derby offers cash and prizes. (Fishing derby is held annually dependent upon permit approval by Idaho Department of Fish and Game). You can fish on your own or engage the services of a local outfitter to take you to the hottest fishing spots.
With national forests and wilderness areas surrounding the Lewis Clark Valley, outstanding deer, elk and game bird hunting is just minutes away from town.
Fish & Game
- Local Flavor
- WineriesMicro BreweriesLocal ProductsFarmers MarketsDining
- Hells Canyon ToursGolfingBicyclingFishing & HuntingWater Sports & Water ParksLevee SystemHiking TrailsParksHorseback RidingRaftingMountain Bicycling
- History & Culture
- Confluence ProjectNez Perce TribeLewis & ClarkMusicMuseums & Historic SitesWildlife CentersVisual & Performing Arts
- Whitebird Vacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sHotelsVacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sRVs & Camping
- Downtown ClarkstonDowntown LewistonAntiques
- Family Fun
- EntertainmentParksKid Friendly HikesWater Sports & Water ParksWildlife Centers
- Nearby Attractions
- Outdoor Adventure in Hells CanyonCasinoKid Friendly AttractionsNez Perce TribeLewis & Clark TrailWineries
- Meeting Planner
- CaterersEvent CentersLodging