View the world’s largest steelhead (ocean going trout) and spring Chinook salmon as they travel through Dworshak National Fish Hatchery and Lower Granite Dam.
The Jack O’Connor Hunting Heritage & Education Center is located in Hells Gate State Park. The Center is the permanent home of the O’Connor wildlife collection. View his wildlife trophies obtained from all over the world. The Center educates about the role of hunting in modern day game management and conservation. Jack O’Connor was the undisputed dean of outdoor writers. For decades, his feature articles in Outdoor Life magazine brought enjoyment and a sense of appreciation for hunting and wildlife to millions of people around the world.
Located on the outskirts of Winchester, this Wolf Education & Research Center encompasses 20 acres of rolling timberland with meadows and streams and is home to the Sawtooth Pack wolves of the Nez Perce. The center is dedicated to providing public education and scientific research concerning the gray wolf and its habitat in the Northern Rocky Mountains. Visitors may observe the pack from outside their enclosure and hike surrounding trails. Interactive and information displays are at the visitor center.
- Local Flavor
- WineriesMicro BreweriesLocal ProductsFarmers MarketsDining
- Medial Clinics
- Special Rate HotelsEye Care
- Hells Canyon ToursGolfingBicyclingFishing & HuntingWater Sports & Water ParksLevee SystemHiking TrailsParksHorseback RidingRaftingMountain Bicycling
- History & Culture
- Confluence ProjectNez Perce TribeLewis & ClarkMusicMuseums & Historic SitesWildlife CentersVisual & Performing Arts
- Whitebird Vacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sHotelsVacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sRVs & Camping
- Downtown LewistonDowntown ClarkstonAntiques
- Family Fun
- EntertainmentParksKid Friendly HikesWater Sports & Water ParksWildlife Centers
- Nearby Attractions
- Outdoor Adventure in Hells CanyonCasinoNez Perce TribeKid Friendly AttractionsLewis & Clark TrailWineries
- Meeting Planner
- CaterersEvent CentersLodging