Museums in the area cover all aspects of time, culture and people. From the Native American and Asian cultures, to the Lewis and Clark Expedition, history is vividly displayed. The Nez Perce National Historical Park, 11 miles southeast of Lewiston on state Highway 95, is a complete informational center and museum featuring historical displays and interpretive programs teaching travelers about the rich history and customs of the Nez Perce Tribe. There are 24 separate interpretive sites that constitute the Nez Perce National Historical Park. Pow wows and other community events are hosted in various locations throughout the year. Tribal business enterprises include forest products, limestone quarry operations, two popular casinos, an RV park and convenience store. Visitors are welcomed today just as the Nez Perce welcomed the Corps of Discovery explorers nearly 200 years ago…..come experience their history and culture.
Idaho History Tours takes participants on walking tours of historic downtown Lewiston. Experience the Ghost Tour, explore beneath the sidewalks, feel the presence of the “spirits” that traveled under the sidewalks and worked in the unmentionable side of society in the 1930s. You also learn how the area citizens built downtown Lewiston.
The Lewis Clark Discovery Center features interpretive displays including an Indian tepee, a display about Lewis and Clark’s difficult route through the Bitterroot Mountains, a dugout canoe display, a salmon stream and a bronze cougar sculpture. Also shown, is a 30-minute video, Lewis & Clark: From the Mountains to the Sea.
- Local Flavor
- WineriesMicro BreweriesLocal ProductsFarmers MarketsDining
- Hells Canyon ToursGolfingBicyclingFishing & HuntingWater Sports & Water ParksLevee SystemHiking TrailsParksHorseback RidingRaftingMountain Bicycling
- History & Culture
- Confluence ProjectNez Perce TribeLewis & ClarkMusicMuseums & Historic SitesWildlife CentersVisual & Performing Arts
- Whitebird Vacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sHotelsVacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sRVs & Camping
- Downtown ClarkstonDowntown LewistonAntiques
- Family Fun
- EntertainmentParksKid Friendly HikesWater Sports & Water ParksWildlife Centers
- Nearby Attractions
- Outdoor Adventure in Hells CanyonCasinoKid Friendly AttractionsNez Perce TribeLewis & Clark TrailWineries
- Meeting Planner
- CaterersEvent CentersLodging