Pack up the horse trailer and horses and drive a couple of miles up the Snake River to Hells Gate State Park in Lewiston. This trail system provides miles of intertwining trails along the Snake River. Enjoy scenic views from up on top of the climb, stop to dip your feet in the cool water, have a picnic at one of the many benches along the way, or stop to watch the wildlife. Access year round, $5 entry fee.
There are many forests and wilderness areas within about an hour’s drive of Lewiston. There are many access points into the wilderness areas located on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests (4 million acres). The Selway Bitterroot Wilderness Area (1.2 million acres) lies within the boundaries of four national forests and Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness (2.3 million acres) is the largest wilderness area in the lower 48 states. Discover riding trails with scenic vistas, ones that meander along streams and rivers and ones that are remote and rugged.
- Local Flavor
- WineriesMicro BreweriesLocal ProductsFarmers MarketsDining
- Hells Canyon ToursGolfingBicyclingFishing & HuntingWater Sports & Water ParksLevee SystemHiking TrailsParksHorseback RidingRaftingMountain Bicycling
- History & Culture
- Confluence ProjectNez Perce TribeLewis & ClarkMusicMuseums & Historic SitesWildlife CentersVisual & Performing Arts
- HotelsVacation Rentals, Cabins, and B&B'sRVs & Camping
- Downtown LewistonDowntown ClarkstonAntiques
- Family Fun
- ParksKid Friendly HikesWater Sports & Water ParksWildlife Centers
- Nearby Attractions
- Outdoor Adventure in Hells CanyonCasinoKid Friendly AttractionsNez Perce TribeLewis & Clark TrailWineries
- Meeting Planner
- CaterersEvent CentersLodging